Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Prioritize your bills


Prioritizing your bills is something you must do when money is tight. Pay the important bills first, and then catch up with the frills. By this I mean pay the electric, buy food and gasoline, and if you run a home-based business pay the phone and internet, and let the cellphone, satellite TV, etc, go for a little while.

Instead of TV, discover the pleasures of reading a book. I found that reading a book on my hour long break left me energized, while sitting in front of a TV screen for an hour left me drained. Actually talk to your partner, instead of just co-existing with them. Take up a craft. Write something. Spend quality time with a pet.

Our ancestors didn\'t have TV, and they lived rich lives. We can, too. During Hurricane Charley we did without TV and a lot of other things for a week.

No comments: